In this article, we have given a detailed explanation of some of the popular pool cue tip replacement kits
What Are The Types Of Pool Cue Tips?
1. Soft Cue Tips
They allow a bit of compression when they come in contact with the ball. These pool cue tips stay in contact with the ball for a bit longer than the other ones.
2. Hard Cue Tips
These have a harder feel and transmit more force to the balls in comparison to the soft cue tips. They are the perfect options for breaking or jump shots.
3. Medium-Hard Cue Tips
As their name suggests, they are a combination of both hard and soft cue tips. This is what most players like to use during the game.
Having your own pool cue tip replacement kit is very important. It will save both your time and money. There is no going around the fact that all pool cue tips at some point in time will need to be repaired, so planning ahead of time is definitely a good thing to do. I personally have my own kit set that I use whenever I want to repair or I just want to change the tip on my pool cue to try a new one out to feel how the different cue tips may play.
The Kit comes with everything to maintain the tip of a pool cue stick, and nothing feels better than having everything you need in one place. The kit also includes the shaper as well. Below I will be listing the most suggested 2 pool cue tip replacement kits.
The listing will include the 2 most suggested pool cue tip replacement kits that are on the market today. It is totally better to have a pool cue tip repair kit than to be using household items to change the tip. Sometimes when changing the cue tip with the wrong tools can and will damage the ferrule that holds the cue tip on and will also give the cue sticks a different off-play.
Our Handpicked Suggestions On 2 Amazing Pool Cue Tip Repair/Replacement Kits
|Collapsar Upgrade One Stop Pool Cue Tip Shaper All in 1 Tip Repair Tool||Editors Choice||Check Price|
|Tweeten Deluxe Cue Tip Repair Kit||Best Budget Buy||Check price|
|MCDERMOTT BRAND POOL TIP REPAIR KIT||Average||Check Price|
I think every single professional player should have one of these in their set of needs to have accessories that they carry around on a daily basis.
This is the ultimate shaping and repair tool that will give the perfect results in terms of finishing look.
It will give a look like it was done at the shop by a professional pool cue tip repair shop. Do not be intimidated by the looks, it’s pretty much a simple tool to use.
This device is perfectly suited for cue tip size that ranges from 9.3mm to 13.2mm. If the pool cue size is smaller or bigger than that, then it is not suited for it. This one device has every single thing on it that is been used to change the tip on your pool cue stick.
The extra thing that I like about this is that it will shape the tip into all radians as you like. It also features an extra blade. This tool is just amazing from my point of view.
- Comes with an extra blade
- Fits tip size from 9.3mm to 13.2mm
- Has a trimmer
- Curved Sander
- Diameter control loop
- A Scuffer
- A Needle
- A Cutter
- Great design and durable
- All-in-one device
- Difficulty at a mid-range level
- Feels like something that’s easy to break or just a bit fragile in the hand
Next on the list is the Tweeten Delux cue tip repair kit. This is a classic set and a more user-friendly kit. I had this kit set I while back also it is very easy to use and straightforward.
This kit packs every single thing you would need to repair your cue tip its no wonder it has the most purchases on the market.
The only thing this pool cue kit does not pack is a sharp cutting tool to cut the tip off. However, a sharp tool is not a hard thing to get a hold of so a sharp house knife can be used.
A shaper would be a good thing to get with this kit also but for the price, I don’t think anyone should complain it’s more than a deal. You can purchase those as additional items and I am sure they will be on the suggested list.
The bottom line is this is a great re-tipping kit and does the job well. It also costs very low so basically, anyone can buy it without even thinking twice.
- Cement glue
- Tip Clamp
- Tip Scuffer
- Free Chalk
- Nothing to cut the tip off the ferrule included in the kit set
Buying Guide For The Perfect Pool Cue Tip Replacement Kit
All the pool cue tip kits above will be a good decision to get, my personal favourites are numbers 1 and 2 due to the fact that I have used them before. The third one was used by multiple persons that I interviewed when I was asking around to see what kit the professional players use, and after getting over 25 persons that said they had used this I then say it fit to add to the list worst I didn’t see anyone talking about it.
When purchasing an item we all know the main factor is the budget so we made this shortlist very budget-friendly, so that everyone can be happy. We still make sure to select the perfect pool cue tip kits on the market while maintaining a good Priceline budget.
Tips On How To Change A Pool Cue Tip
- Secure the ferrule by taping it up.
- You would then proceed to remove the old tip with a sharp object more likely the cutter.
- Use a sander to smoothen the flat surface, the kit will provide this as well
- Make sure no old gue is been left on the ferrule.
- Get your new tip and do make sure it’s the right fit, if not a shaper would be good to use, it will provide more accurate finishing work.
- Add the glue on the top part that’s facing you, then carefully put it on the ferrule.
- Hold for a few minutes, the kit has to clamp equipment that will hold the tip down on the ferrule for you as well.
- After removing the clamp, remove the tape as well if needed use sandpaper or the tool provided in the kit to smooth the joints out if needed.
- A scuffer would be good to provide more chalk retaining to the cue tip, not all kits carry it but it will be on recommended buys when purchasing any of the above kits.
Some Quick Facts On Pool Cue Tips
- Shorter tips always deliver more force and hence are used for hard shots.
- The texture of a tip has nothing to do with the spin it can put on the ball. The spin of a cue ball is totally a matter of skill.
- Soft tips might become harder with use.
- It is possible to prefer a tip because of the sound it makes, so keep that in mind while changing your cue tips.
How To Ensure The Health Of Your Pool Cues?
Pool cues can be quite sensitive and it is easy to damage them. Here are a few tips that will help you keep your pool cue in perfect condition:
- Ensure that your purchase good quality pool cue tips, to begin with. This will keep them trouble-free for a longer period of time.
- Invest in learning proper chalking techniques. Those who practice chalking, the right way regularly, have always reported using pool cues for longer.
- Never stand with your weight on the pool cue as that will damage the tips as well.
- Pool cue tips need to be replaced from time to time as well. You can get professional advice on when and how to change your pool cue tips.
I sincerely hope you liked reading my post on the wonderful pool cue tip repair and replacement kits available; they are all excellent options. The study for The wonderful Pool Cue Tip Repair/Replacement Kit wasn’t done by me alone; a few of my team members also contributed. They spent time contacting other seasoned players of the game to gather the most accurate information possible.
You can also check: