It is not common knowledge but there is a proper way to ensure that your cue tip and ferrule are being chalked properly. By following a few tips, you can ensure that you not only get a good shot but also prevent your cue tip from any kind of damage. The pool cue chalk adheres to the ball providing that tiny bit of extra nudge to it and also protecting the cue tip from mechanical damage.
Table of Contents
What Is The Proper Way Of Chalking With Pool Cue Chalk?
Keep the following points in mind the next time you want to chalk your cue tip:
- Chalk your tip before every shot to ensure consistency.
- Instead of keeping your cue upright, tilt it at an angle and use light brushing strokes to ensure good coverage of chalk. You can also turn the cue stick around gently while keeping the chalk steady.
- Using your cue tip to drill a hole in a piece of chalk is probably the worst thing you can do. It will lead to piling the chalk only in the centre of the tip. You will also be damaging your cue tip in the long run if you continue this method of chalk brushing.
- Never chalk your cue tip over the pool table as you will end up with debris on the table which will cause the balls to react differently.
- Never blow on the cue tip as the moisture from your breath might cling to the chalk debris, making it cakey. Thus the cue tip will not have the desired effect on the pool balls. It is perfect to take a shot directly after chalking instead of attempting to get any extra chalk off.
- It is suggested to carry your own chalk as you never know the kind of surface public chalk has.
- Place the chalk down with the coloured surface facing upwards.
Do you want to become the perfect pool player? We are sure you will want that! For getting the number 1 position in the game, you need to have not only the pool cue sticks and the pool cue balls but also all the other accessories that will help your game get better. You must have a fair idea about the pool cue sticks that suit you the best or the pool cue ball that you want, but what about the pool cue chalk?
If you are not aware of the uses and the availability of these products, do make sure you go through this list down below! We have brought you the perfect pool cue chalks that will help you have a better grip on the ball and your pool cue stick. Scroll down now to learn more about them!
11 Perfect Pool Cue Chalk For Chalking Your Pool Cue Correctly
- Mezz Smart Cue ChalkThese pool cue chalks come in 9 pieces in one box. These are made of inimitable formulas and unique magnetic components. These reduce slippage, minimize miscues and optimize your performance.
- YIJU Pool Cue ChalkThese cue chalks come in four blocks and are blue & green in color. It prevents miscues and provides consistency on the board. These are reliable, sustainable, and increase the spin.
You must have carefully gone through this list. Now that you know the uses and importance of these pool cue chalks in your game, we are sure you will not step back to buy a few of them. Moreover, They are not exorbitantly priced. So hurry up! Choose your favourite pool cue chalk, its colour, number, and size, and place the order! Don’t wait any longer. After all, neither you nor we want you to be late in starting your journey toward becoming an amazing pool player!
You can also check: