If you have always dreamed of a McDermott pro pool cue kit, this is your chance to know whether it is worth it or not. Check out our article and decide.
If you are heavily invested in the game, a pool cue kit becomes one of the most essential accessories. It helps you with maintaining your pool cue and also ensures that your pool cue lasts a while, so you end up getting your money’s worth.
The McDermott pool cues are some of the most expensive pool cues on the market, I am surprised they have such a deal with this cue kit. The McDermott pool brand is an American-based company which is known to produce some of the perfect quality pool cue sticks and shafts worldwide, each cue goes through over 150 separate procedures in constructing the cues perfectly.
This pool cue kit is great for anyone buying their first cue stick, I am sure you will be more than satisfied with all the extra accessories it comes with. The McDermott Pro pool cue kit is a 2-piece 58 inches billiard/cue stick, the standard ounces available are, 18-21oz, finishing with an Irish linen wrap, maple shaft, and a 13mm leather tip.
The free kit contains 2 pieces of chalk, a cue case to protect the cue from any damage and a tournament rule book guide, there’s no better package than this on the market, the guide rule book should tell you that this cue is also a competitive cue stick as well.
Most people don’t know that most of the McDermott cues are engineered for one thing: breaking balls. the cue is an exceptional breaking cue, and we all can agree that breaking is the most important part of the game, a good break will even end the game in one play.
Table of Contents
- Shaper Joint Protectors
- North American Hard Maple
- Crafted Design
- Handcrafted from the finest and most exotic Woods
- 13mm leather tip
- Tip Scuffer
- Irish linen wrap
- May arrive with a factory fault tip, the chalk not sticking on the tip of the cue
Is It Important To Own A Pool Cue Kit?
Yes and no. Though a pool cue kit is not a compulsion, it does make sense to have your own if you are a pool enthusiast.
It is always better to service your pool cue yourself rather than give it to someone else. This will save you money and you will also have the satisfaction of a job well done.
Having said that, if the pool is just another hobby for you, you might as well give this one a skip. It makes no sense to own a pool cue kit if you play just once and usually with borrowed cues.
How To Use The McDermott Pro Pool Cue Kit?
Here are some tips that will help you get the most out of this item:
- Invest time in learning correct chalking techniques that will improve the life of your cue tip and consequently result in better performance.
- Store the pool cue only in a hard case so as to save it from impacts and also unnecessary exposure to sunlight, UV rays and moisture.
- Use the tip scruffer to ensure that your pool cue tip is rough enough to be able to hold onto the chalk and make good contact with the balls.
- The joint protectors are to protect the joints at the ferrule and butt end of the stick. Keeping the joints of your pool cue stick is important if you want it to last long.
- A rule book comes with a kit that is good to carry around if you play pool at a competitive level.
This full kit package is something you won’t want to be missing out on, it carries everything your gonna need with a bonus rule book to provide professional guidance. I would not say it is the perfect buy within its price range but it’s definitely a good choice as well.
The only disadvantages are that some of the time the cue will arrive worn out or damaged but as long as the cue arrives new and not damaged I am sure you will take a liking to the cue. The good part is, the free cue case that comes with the purchase and the chalks, we all know that most cues don’t come with those, you would have to get them separate.
The McDermott brand is well known worldwide for making quality cue sticks for years now and the durability on the shafts is long-lasting. It’s not only a perfect pick but it’s a great pick also.
You can also check: