Get a pool cue tip repair replacement kit. If you take care of your equipment, they will obviously last longer. Take some ideas from us and get one for you
Types Of Pool Cue Tips
Soft Cue Tips
They allow a bit of compression when they come in contact with the ball. These pool cue tips stay in contact with the ball for a bit longer than the other ones.
Hard Cue Tips
These have a harder feel and transmit more force to the balls in comparison to the soft cue tips. They are the best option for breaking or jump shots.
Medium-Hard Cue Tips
As their name suggests, they are a combination of both hard and soft cue tips. This is what most players like to use during the game.
Having your own pool cue tip repairment tools is very important, it will both save you time and money. There is no going around the fact that all pool cue tips at some point in time will need to be repaired, so planning ahead of time is definitely a good thing to do. I personally have my own kit set that I use whenever I wanna repair or I just want to change the tip on my pool cue to try a new one out to feel how the different cue tip may play.
The Kit comes with everything to maintain the tip of a pool cue stick, and nothing feels better than having everything you need in one place. The kit also includes the shaper as well, below I will be listing the top 3 pool cue tip repairment set kits.
The listing will include the 3 best pool cue tip replacement tools that are on the market today, it is totally better having a pool cue tip repair kit more than to be using household items to change the tip. Sometimes when changing the cue tip with the wrong tools can and will damage the ferrule that holds the cue tip on and will also give the cue sticks a different off-play.
Best Pool Cue Tip Repair/Replacement Kit
|Collapsar Upgrade One Stop Pool Cue Tip Shaper All in 1 Tip Repair Tool||Editors Choice||Check Price|
|Tweeten Deluxe Cue Tip Repair Kit||Best Budget Buy||Check price|
|MCDERMOTT BRAND POOL TIP REPAIR KIT||Average||Check Price|
1. Collapsar Upgrade One Stop Pool Cue Tip Shaper All in 1 Tip Repair Tool – Editors Choice –
I think every single professional player should have one of these in their set of needs to have accessories that they carry around on a daily basis. This is the ultimate shaping and repair tool that will give the best results in terms of finishing look, it will give a look like it was done at the shop by a professional pool cue tip repair shop. Do not be intimidated by the looks its pretty much a simple tool to use.
This device is best suited for cue tip size that ranges from 9.3mm to 13.2mm, if the pool cue size is smaller or bigger than that then it is not suited for it. This one device has every single thing on it that is been used to change the tip on your pool cue stick, I will explain a little on how this device is been used but am positive you get a manual with the purchase.
The extra thing that I like about this is that it will shape the tip into all radians as you like, it also features an extra blade this tool is just amazing from my point of view.
Short Tips On Repairing/The Using
- It would wise to get a piece of tape to tape around the ferrule to prevent additional glue residue on it.
- Use the blade on the side of your tool to carefully remove the tip from the ferrule.
- Your gonna then place the circle hole part on the device to full remove all leftover glue that’s on the ferrule.
- Next would be to properly sand down the tip, due to make sure that the surface is fully flat.
- After that, you are gonna then glue the tip to the ferrule and hold for the amount of time needed.
- Then, start the trimming process, first trim the top of the tip then move around to the sides to makes sure it is equal with the ferrule, it would be best to remove the tape on the ferrule to see that they flush right.
- You will move to shape the tip by using the curved sandboard at the bottom of the tip repairing tool.
- The final finishing touch would be to use the two different kinds of radians alignment to choose the radian if you see any space whats to ever it means that the tip radians are not properly set and would need additional burnish.
Bottom line is, this is an investment that’s is worth the buy there’s nothing really to loose on this pool cue tip shaper/repairing tool. This is a fully upgraded version from the previous model that was built before this, they did a superb job on the construction of this device.
- Comes with extra blade
- fits tip size from 9.3mm to 13.2mm
- Has a trimmer
- Curved Sander
- Diameter control loop
- A Scuffer
- A Needle
- A Cutter
- Great design and Durable
- All in one device
- Difficulty at a mid-range level
- Feels like something that’s easy to break or just a bit fragile in the hand.
2. Tweeten Deluxe Cue Tip Repair Kit – Best Budget Buy –
Next on the list is the Tweeten Delux cue tip repair kit, this is a classic set and a more user-friendly kit. I had this kit set I while back also it is very easy to use and straight forward, this kit packs every single thing you would need to repair your cue tip its no wonder it has the most purchases on the market.
The only thing this pool cue kit does not pack is a sharp cutting tool to cut the tip off so please keep that in mind, however, a sharp tool as not a hard thing to get a hold of even a sharp house knife can be used. A shaper would be a good thing to get with this kit also but for the price, I don’t anyone should complain its more than a deal, you can perchest those as additional items and am sure they will be on the recommended list.
The bottom line is, this a great re-tipping kit, it does the job well and costs very low so basically anyone can buy it without even thinking twice.
- Cement glue
- Tip Clamp
- Tip Scuffer
- Felt Repair kit
- Free Chalk
- Nothing to cut the tip off the ferrule included in the kit set.
3. MCDERMOTT BRAND POOL TIP REPAIR KIT
The McDermot repairment pool cue kit may not be as popular as the previous options above but its really handy and good to have. It is one of the simplest kits on the market, I am still wondering how this has not blown up as yet because the Priceline is very affordable as well but I guess on the other hand there is a wide variety of companies that are competing these days.
This is a complete set with 12-Piece Cue Tip Repairing items, it is well equipped for any pool cue stick tip repairing. The only I did not really like about these really, is the fact that most of them normally come with the cement glue, I am not just talking this kit am referring to most of the kit sets on the market.
I prefer to use a crystal clear glue on my cue to get a more accurate and clean finishing look on my cue tip. If you are interested in getting the best clear glues that will give the best permanent hold on your pool cue tip, just click the menu icon above and go in the buyer’s guide and you will see an article with the best pool cue tip glues that are on the market.
Buying Guide For The Best Pool Cue Tip Repair/Replacement Kit
All the pool cue tip kits above will be a good decision to get, my personal favorites are numbers 1 and 2 due to the fact that I have used them before. The third one was used by multiple persons that I interviewed when I was asking around to see what kit the professional players use, and after getting over 25 persons that said they had used this I then say it fit to add to the list worst I didn’t see anyone talking about it.
When purchasing an item we all know the main factor is the budget so we made this shortlist very budget-friendly, so that everyone can be happy. We still make sure to select the best pool cue tip kits on the market while maintaining a good Priceline budget.
Tips On How To Repair And Change A Pool Cue Tip
- Secure the ferrule by taping it up.
- You would then proceed to remove the old tip with a sharp object more likely the cutter.
- Use a sander to smoothen the flat surface, the kit will provide this as well
- Make sure no old gue is been left on the ferrule.
- Get your new tip and do make sure its the right fit, if not a shaper would be good to use, it will provide a more accurate finishing work.
- Add the glue on the top part that’s facing you, then carefully put it on the ferrule.
- Hold for a few minutes, the kit has clamping a equipment that will hold the tip down on the ferrule for you as well.
- After removing the clamp, remove the tape as well if needed use sandpaper or the tool provided in the kit to smooth the joints out if needed.
- A scuffer would be good to provide more chalk retaining to the cue tip, not all kits carry it but it will be on recommended buys when purchasing any of the above kits.
Pool Cue Tip Facts
- Shorter tips always deliver more force and hence are used for hard shots.
- The texture of a tip has nothing to do with the spin it can put on the ball. The spin of a cue ball is totally a matter of skill.
- Soft tips might become harder with use.
- It is possible to prefer a tip because of the sound it makes, so keep that in mind while changing your cue tips.
How To Ensure The Health Of Your Pool Cues
Pool cues can be quite sensitive and it is easy to damage them. Here are a few tips that will help you keep your pool cue in the best condition:
- Ensure that your purchase good quality pool cue tips, to begin with. This will keep them trouble-free for a longer period of time.
- Invest in learning proper chalking techniques. Those who practice chalking, the right way regularly, have always reported using pool cues for longer.
- Never stand with your weight on the pool cue as that will damage the tips as well.
- Pool cue tips need to be replaced from time to time as well. You can get professional advice on when and how to change your pool cue tips.
I do hope you enjoyed reading my article on the Best Pool Cue Tip Repair/Replacement Kit that is on the market, they all are wonderful choices. The Best Pool Cue Tip Repair/Replacement Kit was not researched by myself alone but was also done by a few of my team members who had took the time to reach out to other professional players of the game to get the best accurate answers.